Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Farewell Gratitude Note

To My Dearest Colleagues

I started my last Tuesday as English Foreign teacher at Harvard with so many emotions and feelings.
I have come to love my 1 hour of conversation with teachers in Alian and will  definitely miss it...

My day started at 05:30 finishing off senior high school conversation class an advance class mystery box "cooking" lesson plans.
I baked  traditional South African dessert, Malva pudding... for I heard a birdie sing something about a farewell party and some delicious food.

I dashed off to pick up my thank you gifts for each teacher and wrote a personal note to each.

Arriving in Alian, all teachers have each personally or professionaly prepared a dish.
And what a spread....

BBQ Pizza, Grazie Grace


Scrumptious fried Chicken, Xie Xie Ni LiChun

Superb curry with Indian flat bread, Dhanyavaad Eva

Delicious soup, Merci Rachel

Soooo Fresh and Good Doughnuts, Thank you Carrie

Tapioca Jelly drinks, Dankie Terry

I handed out my gifts and explained that each receive a cactus, reason beign that a cactus will only die if you completely forget about it...and if their little cactus were to die it means they have forgotten me...
For some that don't know my Chinese Name is: Mo Li, named after a beautiful and fragrant flower...in Afrikaans: Katjie piering.
To the school I gave a Mo Li with a note thanking them for taking care of me the past year and naturally taking care of "me" in the future.
I placed a Taiwan flag on the table asking each to sign my flag in English naturally. Thank you to each for kind words and effort.





My mind was blown off by a farewell gift I never in a million years expected, and it touched me deeply.
A pair of the sexiest running shoes I could ever dream of owning.
I could not stop myself from putting them on, jumping, dancing, standing, running and even kissing them.
Words can never describe my gratitude and appreciation to colleagues who have come to know me so well...
A BIG SHOUT OUT to Grace who went shopping for them and may I quote: "They had Mariza written all over them when I saw them!" Once again...Thank you Grace.




Cindy and Money, Alian's official Hello Kitty supporters Club, gave me a Hello Kitty battery charger for my cellphone and ipod. SO not only do I have a new pair of running shoes I will never have to go without music on a run AGAIN! Thanks Girls.



It was such a special day...I will treasure it forever!
With Love and Gratitude
Mariza ... Mo Li

2 comments: