Thursday, August 7, 2014

That's a wrap...

Where it began, I can begin to knowin’ , but then I know it’s growing strong...
Famous words in a song by Neil Diamond wraps up my final three weeks in Taiwan.

Although the final month was all about exercising for Sun Moon Lake Triathlon on the 26th of July 2014, I had the opportunity to get super fit in the most beautiful parts on the island of Taiwan.
Swimming in the beautiful blue waters of Kenting
Appreciating the sunrise from a bicycle seat over Alian.
View of Kaohsiung Harbor from Monkey Mountain.

Running in and around Gangshan Cultural park

I was honored to hare my final Hash Runs with legend Hashers and Hares from the Douliu and Kaohsiung Hash House Harriers. I will certainly miss hashing, and all the hashers with whom I became good friends.
Kaohsiung HHH Night Run. My Virgin Hare Run with FFF, in the streets in and around Gangshan. 

 Douliu HHH, Virgin Hare run with the Grand Master DDT.

There are only two words that can describe Sun Moon Lake: Breathtakingly Beautiful.
We arrived very early on race day and was able to appreciate one of the most beautiful sunrises I have ever lived to see.
I was very nervous for the race especially the swim part...but hard work and determination got me through every stage and doing and Olympic distance (51.5km) Triathlon in 3:43:52 is one of the proudest moments of my life. 

Sun Moon Lake...still takes my breath away.

Sad to say goodbye I enjoyed farewell lunch and dinner dates with dear friends. I was privileged to enjoy some of the best food and views Kaohsiung had to offer.

 Simply Thai was the way to go after a up and down on Monkey Mountain.

Appreciating the view of Kaohsiung during Sunday lunch with Eva.

 Tainan Ice dessert with Terry as our pre baseball game snack.

Delicious 5 course lunch with my favorite girls.

Pizza party with Zhuwei teachers

I had fun with Zhuwei classes making toffee apples, toffee cherry tomatoes and toffee marshmallows.  The boys and girls enjoyed their sticky sweet treats.

My final day in Kaohsiung was spend in the classroom with my favorite and beloved B3 class in Alian now A5. We had an English quiz where the girls beat the boys by one point and we ended with a hide and seek where I was determent  to catch small and very quick duo Kevin and Keshin…and I might add I was successful.

My favorite class...I'll miss you guys.

I spend my final night in Douliu with very dear friends Charl and Shani. We had a couple of farewell drinks at the best pub in Taiwan: Roxy's.
 The best friends any person in a foreign country could ask for!
Love you and will miss you.
 Locals at Roxy's usual photo spot.

It's been one week since I left Taiwan. I miss all the key people from my Taiwan life but I hope to see you all some time in the future.
A big Thank you to all my loyal readers.
Love you all...you know who you are:-)
Mariza...茉 莉

No comments:

Post a Comment